Applications must be received by August 1st.
The ASBA may offer up to two grants per year:
Artist and Education Grants
- $3,000 Anne Ophelia Dowden Grant
- $3,000 Julius Brown Grant
Read about prior Grant Projects.
Proposals most likely to receive serious consideration should include:
- Goals and/or objectives related to the observation and scientifically accurate portrayal of plants.
- A focus on specific techniques for portraying plants, botanical art history or appreciation.
- Educational materials developed in conjunction with the activity accessible to the public for the benefit and promotion of botanical art.
- Goals or objectives related to the personal development of an artist that include aspects to be shared with others.
All members who have belonged to ASBA for two full years by the August 1 deadline, and have not received an ASBA grant in the last two years are eligible to apply for grant funding.
Applications may only be submitted online.
To Apply Online: log in to the website, (or if already logged in, click on "Member Features" link in the upper right hand corner of the Home page), from the Member Features dashboard page, click on "Apply for a Grant". Please have all your application materials prepared before beginning your online application.
For more details, download: